Women are less likely to have a road traffic accidents than men.

Monday, March 8 (International Women's Day) sees a report issued by Spain's leading insurance comparison website acierto.com confirming something which deep down men have known for a long time... and that is women are indeed better drivers or at least that they have less serious road traffic accidents.

The report goes on to suggest that women are more forgetful about car maintenance, which in turn is the main driving force behind the fact that most motor insurance claims are made by women, specifically, women drivers are responsible for 53% of claims, with men generating the other 47%.


The study concludes that women have a higher accident frequency, with abrasions and breakdowns, while men are more likely to be involved in serious accidents.

The difference in the number of claims is most pronounced between the ages of 34 and 39 years, in this group women are responsible for nearly 59% of all claims. "Although the data demystifies the age old belief about the sex of the driver," the acierto.com report reveals that age is decisive. Accordingly, and I'm sure this will come as no surprise to precisely no one, young people between 18 and 23 years old are the worst offenders (in terms of serious road traffic accidents).

With these statistics in mind, in 2012 the European Union approved a regulation with the aim of ensuring that the cost of insurance premiums were not effected by gender, however in the two years prior to the regulations taking effect, female drivers saw the price of their policies increase by up to 24%.







Please help us by sharing this post
AdobeStock_354581006_edited.png